Are you interested in studying nursing abroad but you are told schools in the UK have closed applications? Well, this is a must-read for you so you can know what to do at this point.
Do not forget, a stitch in time saves nine.
Check out these available Nursing Courses available at the University of Derby in the UK; they are all accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) at the end of the course, as long as you meet the NMC’s requirements.
MSC MENTAL HEALTH NURSING
Nursing (Mental Health) MSc – Nursing and Health Care Practice
MSC CHILDREN’S NURSING
Nursing (Children’s) MSc – Nursing and Health Care Practice
MSC LEARNING DISABILITY NURSING
Nursing (Learning Disabilities) MSc – Nursing and Health Care Practice
These are the key requirements among the regular academic requirement in the checklist below.
- A personal statement
- Certificate / Notification of Result
- CV (450 hours minimum related work experience)
- WAEC/ NECO certificate (Minimum of C4 in English) alternative IELTS or DELTS
- 2 Reference letters – Academic and professional
- A bio-data page of your international passport
Kindly note that if any of these is missing at the time of filling the application, it will be automatically declined and no request for additional documentation will be made. Though applicants can still reapply as long as rejection does not surround personal statements.
Important Notes for Applying for these courses;
- Kindly have all the required documents complete before filing this application
- The English language requirement is c4 minimum in English and C6 in Mathematics in WAEC or NECO regardless of the year written. A recent degree in the UK can’t be substituted for this requirement
- If the above English requirement is not met, they must present an IELTS English test with an overall band of 6.5 or a Derby Language test with the same score.
- Relevant healthcare experience with a minimum of 450 hours is very essential, regardless of their academic background.
No stated deadline yet but will communicate in due course.
BSC NURSING is still very much open as well
Contact TGM Education Today to begin your Application FREE of Charge!Refer Wallet Team