Welcome to Refer Wallet!
Refer Wallet builds technologies and services that enable people to learn, create opportunities and grow businesses. These Terms govern your use of Refer Wallet, websites and the other products, features, apps, services, technologies and software that we offer except where we expressly state that separate terms (and not these) apply. These Products are provided to you by Refer Wallet LTD.
We do not charge you to use Refer Wallet or the other products and services covered by these Terms. Instead, businesses and organisations pay us to show you ads for their products and services. By using our Products, you agree that we can show you ads and articles that we think will be relevant to you and your interests. We use your personal data to help determine which ads and articles to show you.
We do not sell your personal data to advertisers, and we do not share information that directly identifies you (such as your name, email address or other contact information) with advertisers unless you give us specific permission. Instead, advertisers can tell us things such as the kind of audience that they want to see their ads, and we show those ads to people who may be interested in. We provide advertisers with reports about the performance of their ads that help them understand how people are interacting with their content. See Section 2 below to learn more.
Our Data Policy explains how we collect and use your personal data to determine some of the ads you see and provide all of the other services described below. You can also go to your settings at any time to review the privacy choices you have about how we use your data.
1. The services we provide
Our mission is to give people the power to create opportunities and bring the world closer together. To help advance this mission, we provide the products and services described below to you:
- Provide a personalised experience for you:
Your experience on Refer Wallet is unique to you: from the articles, events, ads and other content that you see in the Feed, to the Pages that you follow and other features that you might use, such as Trending, Marketplace and search. We use the data that we have – for example, about the connections you make, the choices and settings you select, and what you share and do on and off our Products – to personalise your experience.
- Connect you with people and organisations that you care about:
We help you find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organisations and others that matter to you across the Refer Wallet Products that you use. We use the data that we have to make suggestions for you and others – for example, events to attend, Pages to follow or send a message to. Stronger ties make for better communities, and we believe that our services are most useful when people are connected to people, groups and organisations that they beneficial to them.
- Help you discover content, products and services that may interest you:
We show you ads, offers, and other sponsored content to help you discover content, products, and services that are offered by the many businesses and organisations that use Refer Wallet and other Refer Wallet Products. Section 2 below explains this in more detail.
- Combat harmful conduct, and protect and support our community:
We aim to create a safe community for all users. We employ dedicated teams and develop advanced technical systems to detect misuse of our Products, harmful conduct towards others and situations where we may be able to help support or protect our community. If we learn of content or conduct like this, we will take appropriate action – for example, offering help, removing content, removing or restricting access to certain features, disabling an account or contacting law enforcement. We share data with other Refer Wallet Affiliate companies when we detect misuse or harmful conduct by someone using one of our Products.
And we develop automated systems to improve our ability to detect and remove abusive and dangerous activity that may harm our community and the integrity of our Products.
- Research ways to make our services better:
We engage in research to develop, test and improve our Products. This includes analysing the data we have about our users and understanding how people use our Products, for example by conducting surveys and testing and troubleshooting new features. Our Data Policy explains how we use data to support this research for the purposes of developing and improving our services.
- Provide consistent and seamless experiences across the Refer Wallet Products:
Our Products help you find and connect with people, businesses, organisations and others that are important to you. We design our systems so that your experience is consistent and seamless across the different Refer Wallet products that you use.
- Enable global access to our services:
To operate our global service, we need to store and distribute content and data in our data centres and systems around the world, including outside your country of residence. This infrastructure may be operated or controlled by Refer Wallet or its affiliates.
2. How our services are funded
Instead of paying to use Refer Wallet and the other products and services we offer, by using the Refer Wallet Products covered by these Terms, you agree that we can show you ads that businesses and organisations pay us to promote on and off the Refer Wallet products. We use your personal data, such as information about your activity and interests, to show you ads that are more relevant to you.
Protecting people’s privacy is central to how we’ve designed our ad system. This means that we can show you relevant and useful ads without telling advertisers who you are. We don’t sell your personal data. We allow advertisers to tell us things such as their business goal, and the kind of audience that they want to see their ads (for example, people between the ages of 18-35 who like cycling). We then show their ad to people who might be interested.
We also provide advertisers with reports about the performance of their ads to help them understand how people are interacting with their content on and off Refer Wallet.
We collect and use your personal data in order to provide the services described above for you. You can learn about how we collect and use your data in our Data Policy.
3. Your commitments to Refer Wallet and our community
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
1. Who can use Refer Wallet
We aim for our community to be safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
- use the same name that you use in everyday life;
- provide accurate information about yourself;
- create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes; and
- not share your password, give access to your Refer Wallet account to others.
We try to make Refer Wallet broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Refer Wallet if:
- You are under 15 years old (or the minimum legal age in your country to use our Products).
- You are a convicted sex offender.
- We’ve previously disabled your account for violations of our Terms or Policies.
- You are prohibited from receiving our products, services or software under applicable laws.
2. What you do on Refer Wallet
We want people to use Refer Wallet to get value for the products and services that they recommend and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
- You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
- That breaches these Terms and Policies that apply to your use of Refer Wallet.
- That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
- That infringes or violates someone else’s rights, including their intellectual property rights.
- You may not do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
- You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
We can remove or restrict access to content that is in violation of these provisions.
If we remove content that you have shared in violation of our Community Standards, we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request another review, unless you seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms or if doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights or our terms and policies.
We also can remove or restrict access to your content or information if we determine that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate adverse legal or regulatory impacts to Refer Wallet.
3. The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- Permission to use content that you create and share: Some content that you share or upload such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws. You own the intellectual property rights to original content that you upload. No part of the terms contained within takes away these rights.
However, we request that you give us the permission to use this content. We shall utilize it solely for improving our Products and services as described above.
- When you post content on to any of our products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free and global license to use, distribute, modify, copy, display or recreate parts of your content. This license shall of course be deleted when you delete your account. Learn more about how to delete your account in the Refer Wallet settings.
When you delete content, it shall immediately become unavailable to you and other users, however, it may continue to exist in our systems for a limited timeframe.
- Your content might be retained where you have violated any of our terms and your account has been banned or placed on suspension pending when a resolution is made on said matter.
- We are also under obligation to retain content that may serve as part of our judicial obligations i.e preservation of evidence, or comply with judicial or law enforcement or government agencies. In which case content will be retained as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was retained.
In each of the above cases, this licence will continue until the content has been fully deleted.
- Permission to use your name, profile picture and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions that you have taken on Refer Wallet next to or in connection with ads, offers and other sponsored content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show your friends that you are interested in an advertised event or have liked a Page created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on Refer Wallet. Ads like this can be seen only by people who have your permission to see the actions that you’ve taken on Refer Wallet. Refer to your ad settings and preferences for more details.
- Permission to update software that you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install updates to the software where available.
4. Additional provisions
1. Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Products better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. We will only make changes if the provisions are no longer appropriate or if they are incomplete, and only if the changes are reasonable and take due account of your interests.
We will notify you (for example, by email or through our Products) at least 15 days before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect, unless changes are required by law. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Products.
We hope that you will continue using our Products, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be part of the Refer Wallet community, you can delete your account at any time.
2. Account suspension or termination
We want Refer Wallet to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts and ideas.
If we determine that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly breached our Terms or Policies, including in particular our Community Standards, we may suspend or permanently disable access to your account. We may also suspend or disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights or where we are required to do so for legal reasons.
Where we take such action, we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request a review, unless doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; or where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but the following provisions will remain in place: 3, 4.2-4.5.
3. Limits on liability
We work hard to provide the best Products we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Our Products, however, are provided “as is”, and we make no guarantees that they will always be safe, secure or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content that they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues may arise with our Products. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstances will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the Refer Wallet Products, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it’s useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
If you are a consumer, the laws of the country in which you reside will apply to any claim, cause of action or dispute that you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or the Refer Wallet Products, and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that country that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. You also agree that you submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- These Terms make up the entire agreement between you and Refer Wallet LTD regarding your use of our Products. They supersede any prior agreements.
- Some of the Products that we offer are also governed by supplemental Terms. If you use any of those Products, supplemental terms will be made available and will become part of our agreement with you. For instance, if you access or use our Products for commercial or business purposes, such as buying ads, selling products, developing apps, managing a group or Page for your business, or using our measurement services, you must agree to our terms in this regard. To the extent that any supplemental Terms conflict with these Terms, the supplemental Terms shall govern to the extent of the conflict on that matter alone.
- The unenforceability of any terms contained within this agreement shall have no bearing on the remaining portion of the agreement. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
- These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services are always welcome. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Cookies & other storage technologies
Cookies are tiny pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones and other devices. Other technologies, including data that we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies”.
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve the Refer Wallet Products, such as personalising content, tailoring and measuring ads, and creating a safer experience. The cookies that we use include session cookies, which are deleted when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay in your browser until they expire or you delete them. While the cookies that we use may change from time to time as we improve and update the Refer Wallet Products, we use them for the following purposes:
Security, site and product integrity
Advertising, recommendations, insights and measurement
Cookies also allow us to provide insights about the people who use the Refer Wallet Products, as well as the people who interact with the ads, websites and apps of our advertisers and the businesses that use the Refer Wallet Products.
Site features and services
Cookies also help us provide you with content relevant to your location.
Analytics and research
Third-party websites and apps
Our business partners may also choose to share information with Refer Wallet from cookies set in their own websites’ domains, whether or not you have a Refer Wallet account or are logged in.
We may place cookies on your computer or device and receive information stored in cookies when you use or visit:
- Refer Wallet Products;
- Products provided by other members of the Refer Wallet Companies; and
If you have a Refer Wallet account:
- You can use your ad preferences to learn why you’re seeing a particular ad and control how we use information that we collect to show you ads.
- To show you better ads, we use data that advertisers and other partners provide us about your activity off Refer Wallet Company Products, including websites and apps. You can control whether we use this data to show you ads in your settings.
This Policy describes the information we process to support Refer Wallet and other products and features offered by Refer Wallet.
What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Refer Wallet Products, we must process information about you. The type of information that we collect depends on how you use our Products. You can learn how to access and delete information that we collect by visiting the Refer Wallet settings.
Things that you and others do and provide.
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content that you provide, such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. Our systems automatically process content and communications that you and others provide to analyse context and what’s in them for the purposes described below.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you’re using and have last used our Products, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our Products.
- Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our Products for purchases or other financial transactions (such as when you make a transfer of your available funds), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, other account and authentication information, and billing, delivery and contact details.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyse content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Products.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices that you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Products on your phone to better personalise the content or features that you see when you use our Products on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an ad that we showed you on your phone on a different device.
Information that we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviours performed on the device, such as whether a window is in the foreground or background, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings that you turn on, such as access to your GPS location.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network.
- Information from partners.
Advertisers, Affiliates, Developers and our Partners receive your data when you visit or use their services, or through third parties that they work with. We require each of these partners to have lawful rights to collect, use and share your data before providing us with any data.
How do we use this information?
We use the information that we have (subject to choices you make) as described below, and to provide and support the Refer Wallet Products and related services described in the Refer Wallet Products. Here’s how:
Provide, personalise and improve our Products.
To create personalised Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on the data that we collect and learn from you and others; how you use and interact with our Products; and the people, places or things that you’re connected to and interested in on and off our Products. Learn more about how we use information about you to personalise your Refer Wallet experience, including features, content and recommendations in Refer Wallet Products
Information across Refer Wallet Products and devices: We connect information about your activities on different Refer Wallet Products and devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all Refer Wallet Products that you use, wherever you use them. We can also make your experience more seamless, for example, by automatically filling in your registration information (such as your phone number) from one Refer Wallet Product when you sign up for an account on a different Product.
- Location-related information: We use location information such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses and people you’re near to provide, personalise and improve our Products for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things such as precise device location (if you’ve allowed us to collect it), IP addresses and information from your and others’ use of Refer Wallet Products (such as check-ins or events you attend).
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Products, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
- Face recognition: If you have it turned on, we use face recognition technology to recognise you in photos, videos and camera experiences. If we introduce face recognition technology to your Refer Wallet experience, we will let you know first, and you will have control over whether we use this technology for you.
- Ads and other sponsored content: We use the information we have about you including information about your interests, actions and connections to select and personalise ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you.
Provide measurement, analytics and other business services.
We use the information we have (including your activity off our Products, such as the websites you visit and ads you see) to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services, and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps and services.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information that we have to verify accounts and activity, fight harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Products, and promote safety and security on and off Refer Wallet Products.
Communicate with you.
We use the information that we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products and let you know about our Policies and Terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Information about your active status or presence on our Products.
People in your networks can see signals telling them whether you are active on our Products, including whether you are currently active on Refer Wallet, or when you last used our Products.
Apps, websites and third-party integrations on or using our Products.
When you choose to use third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Products, they can receive information about what you post or share. Information collected by these third-party services is subject to their own terms and policies, not this one.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Products or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing with third-party partners
We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our Products or who use Refer Wallet Business Tools to grow their businesses, which makes it possible to operate our companies and provide free services to people around the world. We don’t sell any of your information to anyone and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. Here are the types of third parties that we share information with:
Partners who use our analytics services.
We provide aggregated statistics and insights that help people and businesses understand how people are engaging with content on Refer Wallet Products.
We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don’t share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission.
We share information about you with companies that aggregate it to provide analytics and measurement reports to our partners.
Vendors and service providers.
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analysing how our Products are used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
Researchers and academics.
We also provide information and content to research partners to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that supports our business or mission and enhances discovery and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
We provide you with the ability to access, edit and delete your data. Learn more in your Refer Wallet settings.
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and Refer Wallet Products or until your account is deleted whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case basis that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, if you violate our policies and your account is suspended or banned, your data may be retained for legal purposes.
To delete your account at any time, please visit the Refer Wallet settings. If you don’t want to delete your account but want to temporarily stop using the Products, you can deactivate your account instead.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (e.g. a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the Federal Republic of Nigeria when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction and is consistent with internationally recognised standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorised use of the Products, breaches of our Terms or Policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory enquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off our Products.
Information we receive about you (including financial transaction data made with Refer Wallet) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for term breaches for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term breaches.
How do we operate and transfer data as part of our global services?
How will we notify you of changes to this Policy?
We’ll notify you before we make changes to this Policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised Policy before you choose to continue using our Products.
How to contact Refer Wallet with questions
You can learn more about how privacy works on Refer Wallet. If you have questions about this Policy, you can contact us as described below. You can contact us online or send an email to us via: email@example.com
PAYMENT POLICY WITH OUR CLIENTS
Payment for referrals
You are using Refer Wallet Services as refer service for our affiliate company, TGM Education (our client). TGM Education will pay a one-time Referral Fee to you in the amount not exceeding $200 for every referred student to TGM Education Partner institutions subject to the following terms and conditions;
TGM Education will pay referral fees on all “Successful Leads” to TGM Education Partner Institutions. A referral shall be deemed as a Successful Leads when the student has paid at least 50% of their tuition at a TGM Education Partner Institution and has assumed the status of a successfully enrolled student by the University Standards.
Where a referral has assumed the status of a Successful Leads and referral becomes payable, payments shall be automatically made to you when “commission” for successfully enrolled students are made to the originating company, TGM Education and Referral Fees remitted in full to Refer Wallet.
Commission Time Frame
Commissions for successful leads are paid to TGM Education Bi-annually i.e 3 months after each intake session. Intake Sessions are for the sake of this agreement, January and September. You shall be informed in writing by Refer Wallet and alerted on your dashboard when referral fees are remitted to Refer Wallet and become claimable by you.
In the event that a referral is made by two different users and eventually assumes the status of a Successful Lead, the referral fee shall only be paid to the user who made the initial referral.
In the event that a referral is discovered to be fraudulent or illegal, such a user account shall be banned immediately. For reference sake, fraudulent transactions apply to but are not limited to students already existing on the TGM Education Database and changed to being from refer wallet.
Commissions will not be paid for successful leads of nuclear family members or leads receiving financial support from you as the affiliate. This includes; your child/ward, wife/husband or dependent.